Misunderstanding relationships

My autistic son wants to be like everyone else and have a partner, home etc.  he encounters women at the gym and work and he goes headlong into building relationships with them but he is clumsy, direct and full on.  Unfortunately he comes across as inappropriate and a little odd.  How do we advise him to take a step back.  Whenever we approach the subject he just accuses us of interfering with his friends.  We are worried someone will not understand him.

Parents
  • Can I just point out before I leave that this post was originally a caring parent asking how to help their autistic son, exactly the sort of person this forum used to be here to help but, as usual, certain people have made it all about them. 
    To the original poster of this post, I am sorry that your request for help has been ignored in this way. I hope you can find the answers you need but I just wanted to offer you one word of reassurance. I was just like your son as a young boy and I went through a few heartbreaks as a result but now I am happy and settled with a wonderful wife and two beautiful kids. Your son will find the same in the end. Just be there for him, support him when he needs it and trust him. These things work themselves out in the end. Peace 

• Can I just point out before I leave that this post was originally a caring parent asking how to help their autistic son, exactly the sort of person this forum used to be here to help but, as usual, certain people have made it all about them. 
    To the original poster of this post, I am sorry that your request for help has been ignored in this way. I hope you can find the answers you need but I just wanted to offer you one word of reassurance. I was just like your son as a young boy and I went through a few heartbreaks as a result but now I am happy and settled with a wonderful wife and two beautiful kids. Your son will find the same in the end. Just be there for him, support him when he needs it and trust him. These things work themselves out in the end. Peace 

Children
No Data