Dogs

Hi, my neighbour has two annoying little dogs that don't leave her house. They yap excessively at everything and everyone. I cannot tolerate it every time i walk by. I have C-ptsd Autism and ADHD. Does anyone find barking dogs stressful ?

Parents
  • I can sympathize with you as our neighbours have a small dog which is not walked every day. Even when it is taken out on returning it yaps most of the time when let out, which can be for half an hour anytime between 5.00 a.m. and 11.30 p.m. It appears from seeing others with this breed they all do this. In contrast our old neighbours had a dog which only barked at things like people coming to the door. I think it also depends on the amount of control the owners have. 

I have come to the conclusion that nothing will change so try to find ways to avoid hearing it or hear it as a background noise. This is however difficult when there is a sudden bark which still makes me jump. 

• I can sympathize with you as our neighbours have a small dog which is not walked every day. Even when it is taken out on returning it yaps most of the time when let out, which can be for half an hour anytime between 5.00 a.m. and 11.30 p.m. It appears from seeing others with this breed they all do this. In contrast our old neighbours had a dog which only barked at things like people coming to the door. I think it also depends on the amount of control the owners have. 

I have come to the conclusion that nothing will change so try to find ways to avoid hearing it or hear it as a background noise. This is however difficult when there is a sudden bark which still makes me jump. 

Children