Dogs

Hi, my neighbour has two annoying little dogs that don't leave her house. They yap excessively at everything and everyone. I cannot tolerate it every time i walk by. I have C-ptsd Autism and ADHD. Does anyone find barking dogs stressful ?

Parents
  • my neighbour has two annoying little dogs that don't leave her house. They yap excessively at everything and everyone

Have you considered offering to walk the dogs?

This will get the dogs familiar with you so they will stop barking when they see you, give them exercise so they are more likely to sleep and not bark during the day, will give you exercise and contact with mans best friend and give you a sense of doing something worthwhile in looking after the dogs when it appears the owner won't.

There may be reasons the owner can't take them out - who knows.

Just a thought.

• my neighbour has two annoying little dogs that don't leave her house. They yap excessively at everything and everyone

Have you considered offering to walk the dogs?

This will get the dogs familiar with you so they will stop barking when they see you, give them exercise so they are more likely to sleep and not bark during the day, will give you exercise and contact with mans best friend and give you a sense of doing something worthwhile in looking after the dogs when it appears the owner won't.

There may be reasons the owner can't take them out - who knows.

Just a thought.

Children
  • No i haven't. I have very little interest in interaction with strangers especially with my past. 1 dog is more than enough for me and i can just about manage that by walking in the nature reserve with him. I appreciate your message though, so thank you.