Parents
  • Why do you feel stressed? What are you worrying about?

• I don’t know really, I struggle with severe anxiety so it’s the thought of almost being abandoned and not knowing what’s going on when I’m not there. It just gives me a very uncomfortable sick to the stomach feeling. I trust him, he’s never cheated, but I think it’s because of my psychological issues that I will never be able to shake. So I’m realising I think I’m better alone.

• I suspect you need to try counselling/therapy to deal with those abandonment issues. The very fact you have used the word abandoned says a lot. He isn’t, he’s just seeing friends. Perhaps there’s a little separation anxiety there. This sounds reminiscent of BPD, but what do I know…

Could you get him to text you half way through his time away? And you could try distracting yourself by doing something you enjoy, or just watch a film…. You could visit friends or family, go for a walk or work out in these situations. Burn off some of those anxiety ridden feelings.

I don’t think you need to be single, though you might need to be to work out your issues. For now, just get started on therapy, and enjoying the relationship you have. Things can get better but require time and change.

• I suspect you need to try counselling/therapy to deal with those abandonment issues. The very fact you have used the word abandoned says a lot. He isn’t, he’s just seeing friends. Perhaps there’s a little separation anxiety there. This sounds reminiscent of BPD, but what do I know…

Could you get him to text you half way through his time away? And you could try distracting yourself by doing something you enjoy, or just watch a film…. You could visit friends or family, go for a walk or work out in these situations. Burn off some of those anxiety ridden feelings.

I don’t think you need to be single, though you might need to be to work out your issues. For now, just get started on therapy, and enjoying the relationship you have. Things can get better but require time and change.

Children
No Data