Up to 10 characteristics that define you

Here is a link to 2 earlier threads:

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/28721/does-your-autism-define-you/252201#252201

and

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/29374/what-defines-your-autism/277902#277902

I was thinking about these threads and characteristics defining us.

So, what do you think defines you (or at least you see as very essential characteristics) ...

Me, in no particular order.

1. Compassion

2. Intelligence

3. Open-mindedness

4. A duality

5. Sensitivity

6. Intuition

7. Stillness/calmness

8. Analytical

Parents
  • Everything of the above except the first part of 7. People find me too serious and I do not get slapstick type jokes or how to play, either as a child or with children as an adult.

• do not get slapstick type jokes or how to play, either as a child or with children as an adult.

The play thing is very true of me too and I think I've read can be/is an autistic trait.

I've never had my own children but love being with the ones in my family.

However, I always feel awkward because of the play issue.

• Because this sounds "all shades of wrong", could I first ask any marauding sick minds to "move along please" !!

I am happy to play with anyone, of any age, at any time, doing anything.  Playing with animals, playing with kids ..... and on the rare occasion that I can find grown-ups who are as "loose minded" as me, playing with them - it all makes me happy (IF I have the energy for company.)  Having a focus of activity beyond just "being with them" makes my interactions immeasurably easier.

I always feel awkward (but can hide it at exhaustive cost) if I just need to meet people of any age and am supposed to be  "normal" and "sociable" and "normally chatty" and "nice."

I do weird well.  I can play well, as an individual.

• Because this sounds "all shades of wrong", could I first ask any marauding sick minds to "move along please" !!

I am happy to play with anyone, of any age, at any time, doing anything.  Playing with animals, playing with kids ..... and on the rare occasion that I can find grown-ups who are as "loose minded" as me, playing with them - it all makes me happy (IF I have the energy for company.)  Having a focus of activity beyond just "being with them" makes my interactions immeasurably easier.

I always feel awkward (but can hide it at exhaustive cost) if I just need to meet people of any age and am supposed to be  "normal" and "sociable" and "normally chatty" and "nice."

I do weird well.  I can play well, as an individual.

Children
No Data