Does anyone else struggle with temperature?

I have problems with being able to tell what my body is feeling in general, usually in terms of just feeling uncomfortable instead of knowing that I'm too warm or whatever. This is particularly a problem around this time of year, where we've moved past winter and into the bit where you need to decide if it's too hot for a jacket or too cold for shorts.

Like this morning I woke up feeling really uncomfortable and I have no idea if that was because it's gotten too warm for my spring/autumn duvet or if I'm having a period of bad anxiety (which is very scary to me because of past experiences). Same if I'm sitting on the sofa and it's too warm for jeans and a hoodie. I've had a few mental health disasters (which I now know might have been meltdowns or shutdowns or whatever; I'm newly diagnosed so still trying to figure out how my experiences line up with autistic terms), and they've always been around this time of year. I wonder if my body struggling to deal with the temperature changing so much so quickly has contributed to the times when my brain has just collapsed.

Parents
  • The temperature needs to be between 22 and 26 otherwise I'm either freezing which makes me tired and anxious or overheated which makes me angry. I SNAP when I'm under the sun and overheated in less than 15 minutes.

• The temperature needs to be between 22 and 26 otherwise I'm either freezing which makes me tired and anxious or overheated which makes me angry. I SNAP when I'm under the sun and overheated in less than 15 minutes.

Children
No Data