Diagnosis without Parental input.

Been on the waiting list for diagnosis for a while now and still processing a lot of my life.

I approached my mother and told her how I had always felt different and told her that I had finally worked out why I’m different. The autistic bomb wasn’t well received,  I was told,”autistic people don’t talk and stare at the wall all day.” Since then I approached my GP and got referred, I asked my mother for old school reports, they couldn’t be found, my English Books were supplied to show how I’m totally normal. I started to read the first one today, my childhood was unusual, I am the eldest of 3 and my mother was often ‘sectioned,” I often had to deal with everyday life. The picture shows my wardrobe, my safe place, the picture on the wall is, “Home Sweet Home.”  My father did his best but I think he was autistic, he just worked and couldn’t deal with home life, my pillow shows Pound signs across it and me being beaten for being different or unruly . My bedroom door didn’t have a door handle, it just had a bolt across it. The extracts are from my first year in Secondary School, the teacher asked for a poem that described me.   The poem is by Lewis Carroll. Another page in my English book is me writing my Last Will and Testament, my teacher gave me a red tick, I’m still processing that.

Parents
  • i think not allowed to go out is a key one and a youtube phycologist did a video on that before.

when you refuse your kid to go out and play with others they dont develope socially and they become autistic by upbringing that way. they never get on in society and you cant ever fix that, its permanent.

i think alot may have had a upbringing like that, i know i did, my parents never let me out and said there was too many pedos around lol

• Some of it must have been my fault, I always felt like a cuckoo in the nest. I lived with an Aunt at times, I was not allowed out on my own,” there are too many ruffians down on the playing field”.

• Some of it must have been my fault, I always felt like a cuckoo in the nest. I lived with an Aunt at times, I was not allowed out on my own,” there are too many ruffians down on the playing field”.

Children