I HATE vapes. Anyone else agree?

My body cannot tolerate vapes. Like if someone uses a vape in front of me I just start gagging because of the SMELL. To me it's the most disgusting artificial smell and makes me feel physically ill. I was like this with air fresheners when I was younger but vapes are ten times worse.

At work recently someone used a vape indoors and I reacted (gagging, coughing, feeling horribly ill, having to stumble outside). This person was like "it's just a vape!" when I explained why I'd reacted so horribly (after going outside). I felt quite alone and weird.

The amount of people who use vapes indoors at gigs now is a genuine problem for me too, the guards are generally useless with stopping the vapers so I find myself constantly running away from vapers...

I'm sure vapes must smell nice to a normal nose... but I'd obliterate them from the earth if I were prime minister for a day. Anyone else get me with vapes? 

Parents
  • I hadn't realized people used them indoors. I was so relieved when indoor smoking in public places was banned. I don't often spend time in indoor public places though. I think the rule for vapes should be the same. I hate inhaling the smell outside and try to avoid it the same as I do with smoke. On the news recently they were reporting that vapes they tested had high levels of metals which could cause problems.

I think it is bad that they are sold with attractive colours as lots of school children now take up vaping. It is difficult, even with bag searches for schools to find them and the smell is unpleasant in the toilets for those with high sensitivity to smells 

• I hadn't realized people used them indoors. I was so relieved when indoor smoking in public places was banned. I don't often spend time in indoor public places though. I think the rule for vapes should be the same. I hate inhaling the smell outside and try to avoid it the same as I do with smoke. On the news recently they were reporting that vapes they tested had high levels of metals which could cause problems.

I think it is bad that they are sold with attractive colours as lots of school children now take up vaping. It is difficult, even with bag searches for schools to find them and the smell is unpleasant in the toilets for those with high sensitivity to smells 

Children
No Data