I HATE vapes. Anyone else agree?

My body cannot tolerate vapes. Like if someone uses a vape in front of me I just start gagging because of the SMELL. To me it's the most disgusting artificial smell and makes me feel physically ill. I was like this with air fresheners when I was younger but vapes are ten times worse.

At work recently someone used a vape indoors and I reacted (gagging, coughing, feeling horribly ill, having to stumble outside). This person was like "it's just a vape!" when I explained why I'd reacted so horribly (after going outside). I felt quite alone and weird.

The amount of people who use vapes indoors at gigs now is a genuine problem for me too, the guards are generally useless with stopping the vapers so I find myself constantly running away from vapers...

I'm sure vapes must smell nice to a normal nose... but I'd obliterate them from the earth if I were prime minister for a day. Anyone else get me with vapes? 

Parents
  • I had to rely on them as a stopgap to quitting smoking (had to get in a less depressed headspace before I could go cold turkey), but that is really all they should be, the full long-term effects of vaping on health are not yet understood even if the vapor is less carcinogenic than smoke.
    I really despise the way vapes are marketed to those too weak-willed (it's not that fighting an addiction isn't hard, but you still actually have to want to quit) to actually quit and to youngsters who never really smoked but grew up around smokers and want to do it because it is normalised for them to puff something or they think it looks cool and grown-up. Makes me think of those candy stick "cigarettes" that we had sold to us a kids, except this one gets aimed at 18-25s.

• I had to rely on them as a stopgap to quitting smoking (had to get in a less depressed headspace before I could go cold turkey), but that is really all they should be, the full long-term effects of vaping on health are not yet understood even if the vapor is less carcinogenic than smoke.
    I really despise the way vapes are marketed to those too weak-willed (it's not that fighting an addiction isn't hard, but you still actually have to want to quit) to actually quit and to youngsters who never really smoked but grew up around smokers and want to do it because it is normalised for them to puff something or they think it looks cool and grown-up. Makes me think of those candy stick "cigarettes" that we had sold to us a kids, except this one gets aimed at 18-25s.

Children
No Data