Disclosing Autism.

I don't come across as autistic. 

But I am, and would never change it. 

When dealing with organisations/companies in regards to making a complaint, or in any other capacity, I find that once I have told them I am autistic, I often find that they treat me even worse. 

Sadly there is still so much discrimination out there. 

Sometimes I regret telling them. 

Anyone else ever found this?

Parents
  • This suprises me. Shows the lack of understanding of the extent of the ASD. I am proud but i wouldnt wish how i have suffered on anyone. 

One day i want to raise more awareness of the effects of undiagnosed autism and encourage people who cant make sense of what is going on with them to seek an assessment. I want the medical proffessionals to be unindated with referrals, because without a duagnosis hiw can we get a true picture of just how many are affected.  I had no idea this was me x

• This suprises me. Shows the lack of understanding of the extent of the ASD. I am proud but i wouldnt wish how i have suffered on anyone. 

One day i want to raise more awareness of the effects of undiagnosed autism and encourage people who cant make sense of what is going on with them to seek an assessment. I want the medical proffessionals to be unindated with referrals, because without a duagnosis hiw can we get a true picture of just how many are affected.  I had no idea this was me x

Children
No Data