Sleep the best medicine

I have come to realise that sleep is my best medicine. All my life, i was worried about becoming over tired as i related it to feeling unwell. Now i know why. Regular meltdowns. I sleep, not because i am particularly depressed but simply tired and overwhelmed. I would visit the doctor and say; im so tired. The doctor would change my antidepressant. Now i dont need to visit the doctor because i now know why i feel like this. I have to have so much rest. 

I feel like i am "giving in" now to the fact that i am autistic; accepting it, and i dont seem to push myself as much. I am wondering if this is a good thing or not. I feel that i have been swimming against the tide all my life, and now i just want to float. But i have a nigly feeling of guilt sometimes. Does anyone feel the same? X

Parents
  • Sleep could possibly be the best thing ever Laughing Lol. After a hard day knowing sleep is waiting is a real comfort for me it's one of the times where pain and anxiety can't get to me. My Mama always says when someone's ill sleep is the best medicine.

• Sleep could possibly be the best thing ever Laughing Lol. After a hard day knowing sleep is waiting is a real comfort for me it's one of the times where pain and anxiety can't get to me. My Mama always says when someone's ill sleep is the best medicine.

Children
No Data