Is there anyone here with experience of Irlen’s Syndrome?

I have autism, dyspraxia likely ADHD and visual processing issues etc and have been advised by an Educational professional and also an optometrist that I may have Irlen’s syndrome. 

Does anyone have any experience of this condition and why is help for it not available on the NHS - from my google searches there are two NHS centres that deal with it, but nothing within striking distance of myself. 

Parents
  • Yup! I am dyslexic and have Irlen's. I was diagnosed at the institute of Optimetry in 2005 and now have a great local optician who can prescribe.

Good news is Irlen's can be near fixed or fixed with tinted specs. Bad new is not available on the NHS. If you work you might be able to persaude your OH to pay for it mine do. Access to work might help you there.

If claiming PIP they might add a couple of points for that.

• Yup! I am dyslexic and have Irlen's. I was diagnosed at the institute of Optimetry in 2005 and now have a great local optician who can prescribe.

Good news is Irlen's can be near fixed or fixed with tinted specs. Bad new is not available on the NHS. If you work you might be able to persaude your OH to pay for it mine do. Access to work might help you there.

If claiming PIP they might add a couple of points for that.

Children
No Data