Couples counseling

Hi all,

I'm wondering is anyone here has had any experience of couples counseling? Both my wife and I are terrible at communicating our feelings, and I suspect that I often misinterpret her emotions and that she does the same for me. I wonder if anyone has had any success with counseling for this sort of thing?

For reference, I'm diagnosed autistic. My wife isn't, but I suspect she is neurodivergent, but she's happy to see it as being "just herself". All of this is somewhat academic anyway as my wife doesn't like talking to people if she can avoid it.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Parents
  • I've been doing one to one counselling over the last year and it has taken work, but I am beginning to understand my feelings better, and finding my own ways to communicate them.  My therapist uses a person centred, relational approach, which is very affirming.  It's not CBT!  I've also been teaching him a lot about my autistic experience and he's responded very well to it and adapted.  It's having a positive knock on effect in all sorts of areas of my life.

• I've been doing one to one counselling over the last year and it has taken work, but I am beginning to understand my feelings better, and finding my own ways to communicate them.  My therapist uses a person centred, relational approach, which is very affirming.  It's not CBT!  I've also been teaching him a lot about my autistic experience and he's responded very well to it and adapted.  It's having a positive knock on effect in all sorts of areas of my life.

Children
No Data