First steps to diagnosis

So yesterday I went to my GP to discuss a referral for Autism. He was lovely.  My last  attempt at this many years ago was met with a Dr taking one look at me and saying 'you're not autistic' so away I went.

We discussed my life, family, work and my first experience of feeling 'different'.

He looked at my scores, I had done the online questions, and said they are high and indicate that I am autistic.

He has referred me for a formal assessment, but the waiting in my region is up to 3 years. 

Hey ho, I may decide to go down the private route, but not just yet, financially it's a big ask.

Just wanted to share.

I'm 57 now. 

Parents
  • Welcome, Sarah!

I'm new too (last few weeks) and have a GP appointment in June. You can ask to be referred to a different NHS funded service through right to choose which could have shorter waiting times. Psychiatry uk is one of the eligible services. It's worth researching. I'm looking into it now but am very early in my research. 

• Welcome, Sarah!

I'm new too (last few weeks) and have a GP appointment in June. You can ask to be referred to a different NHS funded service through right to choose which could have shorter waiting times. Psychiatry uk is one of the eligible services. It's worth researching. I'm looking into it now but am very early in my research. 

Children
No Data