Stimming, dropped masks, and alcohol?

After having a discussion with a neurodivergent friend the subject turned to stimming, anyway said friend (suspected ocd/adhd) suggested that in their experience stimming increased with alcohol consumption in their opinion because alcohol lowers inhibitions it also removes the mask of neurodivergent folks. So I have a question to ask all the Adults here, have you noticed an increase or change in stimms when you drink alcohol?

Please do not go out of your way to drink to "find out" but if you do happen to drink anyway please drop your observations (if you remember them) here.
Parents
  • I guess it depends massively on why you stim. For me it's mostly something I do (or try to force myself not to despite the compulsion) when I'm in a situation I find uncomfortable and alcohol made me feel more comfortable with who I am so I either didn't need to stim much or maybe i just didn't even notice I was doing it because of being less self-conscious.

I stopped drinking years ago so I guess now I'll never know.

• I guess it depends massively on why you stim. For me it's mostly something I do (or try to force myself not to despite the compulsion) when I'm in a situation I find uncomfortable and alcohol made me feel more comfortable with who I am so I either didn't need to stim much or maybe i just didn't even notice I was doing it because of being less self-conscious.

I stopped drinking years ago so I guess now I'll never know.

Children
No Data