How are you repetitive?

I'm repetitive in the following ways

I wear the same clothes (bought extra of everything).

I wash my hands every ten minutes, to the dot. Never a minute early never a minute late. Started this at school.

I can watch the same film over and over. I know most of the lines, know what's coming but I never get tired of it.

Listen to the same songs and singers every day, usually in the same order.

Read the same books over and over.

Eat the same foods and drink the same drinks.

When I go for a walk I always go the same way each time. Prefer to follow route that I'm familiar with.

Parents
  • I wear the exact same model of pants and bra every day (not the same pair every day, that'd be gross), I have 5 pairs of the same leggings and 5 pairs of the same shorts, and similar numbers of the same t-shirts and vest tops, some different colours but all the same exact model, all cotton rich material so it's soft, except the leggings, they're something synthetic but they're still soft and they have a light compression which I find comforting like deep pressure.

I have multiple routines that I have to follow exactly through the day, starting with my breakfast routine where I have to have my coffee and vitamin drink in the same cup and glass as always, the same flavour shake, everything lined up in the order I need to do it, including taking my medication. My husband didn't put the mugs in the right place after emptying the dishwasher the other day and it nearly caused a meltdown.

When I'm in my classroom at school I repetitively count the kids even if I know no-one has gone anywhere. I listen to the same songs on my way to and from school, follow the same route.

I also have a fair few repetitive thoughts.

• I wear the exact same model of pants and bra every day (not the same pair every day, that'd be gross), I have 5 pairs of the same leggings and 5 pairs of the same shorts, and similar numbers of the same t-shirts and vest tops, some different colours but all the same exact model, all cotton rich material so it's soft, except the leggings, they're something synthetic but they're still soft and they have a light compression which I find comforting like deep pressure.

I have multiple routines that I have to follow exactly through the day, starting with my breakfast routine where I have to have my coffee and vitamin drink in the same cup and glass as always, the same flavour shake, everything lined up in the order I need to do it, including taking my medication. My husband didn't put the mugs in the right place after emptying the dishwasher the other day and it nearly caused a meltdown.

When I'm in my classroom at school I repetitively count the kids even if I know no-one has gone anywhere. I listen to the same songs on my way to and from school, follow the same route.

I also have a fair few repetitive thoughts.

Children
No Data