How are you repetitive?

I'm repetitive in the following ways

I wear the same clothes (bought extra of everything).

I wash my hands every ten minutes, to the dot. Never a minute early never a minute late. Started this at school.

I can watch the same film over and over. I know most of the lines, know what's coming but I never get tired of it.

Listen to the same songs and singers every day, usually in the same order.

Read the same books over and over.

Eat the same foods and drink the same drinks.

When I go for a walk I always go the same way each time. Prefer to follow route that I'm familiar with.

Parents
  • I'm not THAT repetitive, but routine stuff is always done in the same order and I have a lot of stims in my feet and do tend to eat the same foods over and over.

That said, whereas the social side of my autism is much less evident now than when I was a child, the repetitive stuff is more obvious now than when I was a child, especially when under stress or very anxious. There are now more pronounced repetitive body movements and more things like repeatedly playing pointless puzzel games over and over on my phone, or walking around the same circle  in my house - calms the nerves a smidgen.

• I'm not THAT repetitive, but routine stuff is always done in the same order and I have a lot of stims in my feet and do tend to eat the same foods over and over.

That said, whereas the social side of my autism is much less evident now than when I was a child, the repetitive stuff is more obvious now than when I was a child, especially when under stress or very anxious. There are now more pronounced repetitive body movements and more things like repeatedly playing pointless puzzel games over and over on my phone, or walking around the same circle  in my house - calms the nerves a smidgen.

Children
No Data