Upset

Complex issue, 

My housing have been terrible with me in relation to a complaint I made, they have gasslighted me and not been nice. 

Ended up in tears this evening, I have had to prepare paperwork for the Ombudsman as well as other organisations, and it is been ongoing. 

Just horrible to think that other human beings can treat others like that. 

• In this mornings news it was announced Michael Gove is behind new legislation  allowing tenants to take landlords to task over issues without fear of eviction.

• I'm so sorry. Please don't let them get to you. Horrible people who treat you that way are not worth your worry, your tears or your time. Virtual hugs!

It's so common in housing and anything like it tbh. I think because they're kind of in a position of power they let it get to their heads and they feel/think they can do whatever they like.

This needs to change. Stick to your guns, keep a strong face and remember you're worth a hundred of people like that.

Keep you in my thoughts.

• This is a story that is somewhat relevant, and I hope provides you some validation.  My friend was picked for jury duty in the US.  Before the trial, there's a process in which the lawyers question the possible jurors to remove anyone that may have potential for bias from the actual jury.  The trial was a landlord accusing the tenant of something, but I don't know the specifics.  Anyway, when they asked my friend if he thought he had any reason he could be biased, he said something to the extent of, "I will 100% side with the tenant.  Even if the landlord was accusing the tenant of placing bombs on his car IRA style with irrefutable evidence, I would want to know what the landlord did to make the tenants do that."  He was promptly removed from the jury selection pool.

• Sadly all too common. I nearly lost my mind after the stress I was put through three years ago with the NI Housing exec, the land registry, and a solicitor who was meant to be an effective gobetween. It’s no exaggeration to say that I had to chase them on literally everything, threaten investigation by third parties, undertake half of the work myself in tens of making one body talk to another. 
    I ended up in a stand-up row with the solicitor. Extremely unlike me, I’m slow to anger and very civil as a rule. But it nearly broke me. 

Don’t give in, don’t give up Astrid. No matter how hard it gets do not let them away with stonewalling your need for fair treatment. I hope things will be better soon, hang in there.