Experiment in phoneless GP communication

A few days ago, though my GP surgery officially only has the '8 o'clock phone lottery' method of getting an appointment, I sent an email to my GP surgery describing my worsening bowel problems (in great detail). Yesterday, the surgery phoned me offering an appointment next week. I strikes me that, once you have informed a surgery of a medical condition, that they have to respond. Because otherwise, if a patient developed a serious, or life-threatening, illness, they would be open to NHS disciplinary procedures, or to being sued for negligence. It may be worth others trying a similar approach; if it is generally applicable, it will make access to medical care much easier for autistics.

Parents
  • Your GP has an email address? I've searched everywhere trying to find one for mine.

• I had to have an in person appointment for a problem that had got decidedly out of hand due to me not phoning the GP for them to give me the email. Try contacting your GP in any way you can, walk in if you have to, and ask. 

Also check to see what web booking facilities they have. Many have apps or websites that you can use which can take some wrangling but do still eventually work

• I had to have an in person appointment for a problem that had got decidedly out of hand due to me not phoning the GP for them to give me the email. Try contacting your GP in any way you can, walk in if you have to, and ask. 

Also check to see what web booking facilities they have. Many have apps or websites that you can use which can take some wrangling but do still eventually work

Children