Just been diagnosed at 49

I'm 49 yes and I've just been diagnosed with autism.

I feel the NHS as a whole has let me down, I have had problems through out my school and college days and got called Stupid alot whilst in Eduction and in personal time ie: HOME.

I now feel if had been diagnosed sooner I would not of been bullied as much I'd did and still do: it's just not fair Sob.

House

Parents
  • Hi, I'm new here, I've just joined as I was diagnosed with highly functioning autism 3 weeks ago at the age of 47. I'm not surprised but still feel so confused. My psychiatrist hasn't sent the report to my GP yet so I'm sort of in limbo. I have no idea what to look for, what I should know. I also feel a bit of a fraud , maybe I've read too many books and I'm actually neurotypical? Sorry, brain is mushed!!

• Hi, I'm new here, I've just joined as I was diagnosed with highly functioning autism 3 weeks ago at the age of 47. I'm not surprised but still feel so confused. My psychiatrist hasn't sent the report to my GP yet so I'm sort of in limbo. I have no idea what to look for, what I should know. I also feel a bit of a fraud , maybe I've read too many books and I'm actually neurotypical? Sorry, brain is mushed!!

Children
No Data