Just been diagnosed at 49

I'm 49 yes and I've just been diagnosed with autism.

I feel the NHS as a whole has let me down, I have had problems through out my school and college days and got called Stupid alot whilst in Eduction and in personal time ie: HOME.

I now feel if had been diagnosed sooner I would not of been bullied as much I'd did and still do: it's just not fair Sob.

House

Parents
  • You are not alone, I am 53 and reciently diagnosed. I was bullied alot as a kid so I tended to like adult company more. Thing was ASD was not known about in the 70's and 80's, we could not be diagnosed as children. For me not being disruptive at school I was ignored and I was a very average pupil but had learning difficulties with Maths.  That ment I was in the worse class for that which was where my bullies were. I did ok when I started work but things have been more difficult as I have got older.

Rob

• You are not alone, I am 53 and reciently diagnosed. I was bullied alot as a kid so I tended to like adult company more. Thing was ASD was not known about in the 70's and 80's, we could not be diagnosed as children. For me not being disruptive at school I was ignored and I was a very average pupil but had learning difficulties with Maths.  That ment I was in the worse class for that which was where my bullies were. I did ok when I started work but things have been more difficult as I have got older.

Rob

Children
No Data