Felling sick a lot?

Hi all,

I often feel really nauseous without actually being unwell. I have noticed this often comes after sensory overload, usually to temperature. Does anyone else get this? I guess my question is, is this an autistic thing and what can I do to stop it? 

Thank you!

Parents
  • This has happened to me on nearly every holiday I have been on, it’s normally about day two and I’m stuck in bed and physically vomiting. This lasts for about 2 days, I never understood why? Now I realise it’s a different routine, strange surroundings, different smells and temperature. Basically as you have said, it’s sensory overload. I love travelling to Italy, normally September is cooler and I now  study the hotel or apartment so I know exactly what it looks like and what food may be available. I keep hydrated and try to keep anxiety at bay by only pushing myself as far as I’m comfortable with. I often have a small thermos flask and keep iced lemon squash in it, the coldness of it gives me a sort of mental shake and calms me down.

• This has happened to me on nearly every holiday I have been on, it’s normally about day two and I’m stuck in bed and physically vomiting. This lasts for about 2 days, I never understood why? Now I realise it’s a different routine, strange surroundings, different smells and temperature. Basically as you have said, it’s sensory overload. I love travelling to Italy, normally September is cooler and I now  study the hotel or apartment so I know exactly what it looks like and what food may be available. I keep hydrated and try to keep anxiety at bay by only pushing myself as far as I’m comfortable with. I often have a small thermos flask and keep iced lemon squash in it, the coldness of it gives me a sort of mental shake and calms me down.

Children
No Data