Lonely but don't like people

Does anyone else feel like I do?
I feel lonely and desperate for friends to talk to but at the same time I don't like having to talk to people and I want to be at home with just me and my family and shut the world out and not have to see anyone or text anyone

It feels like quite a contradiction but so does much of my life

Also, I think its hard for me as I feel I can't truly be myself with most people, especially NT's 

• It's a site glitch, it throws up random threads, I see other people do it. necrobumps.

No, riots to me are just silly, and a totally NT thing. GNR are musically something else...im doing a bit of deep dive into them. Axl vibe, is exactly what i identify with right now, he's rebelious, emotionally disturbed, strong headed, bold, abrasive and just the spirit of rock, the rest are good too lol, funny guys, very amusing, very 80's. I'm just at that place right now where he was, --the mid 80's phenomenon is very intriguing to me. You might see me smiling and nodding my head, but inside, im very, very pizzed off. With a lot of pent up energy, and its all over the place.

• Me too man.   On both counts. No to riots, yes to GNR,

There's nothing wrong with bumping old threads by the way if that's what makes you happy. Slight smile

• Bit of a GNR fan then?

You could say i have an appetite for destruction, yes. I'm full now, tho. And riots are a lil too much of a social activity for my liking.

• Bit of a GNR fan then?

• Yes.  I'm the same.  I long for human company but then I observe some people and I remember why I'm reclusive.

• I feel so emotional right now. A poem about loneliness.

I see you standin', standin' on your own
    It's such a lonely place for you, for you to be
    If you need a shoulder, or if you need a friend
    I'll be here standing until the bitter end
    No one needs the sorrow, no one needs the pain
    I hate to see you walking out there, in the cold November rain.

• Made my day!! Lovely little cat as well.

• I took Spergs advice and got a kitty cat :) 

• Yes I'm exactly the same. I would love friends, I'm envious of people with large social circles but when I try to talk to people anxiety hits me like a train and a meltdown is imminent. I'm lonely and desperate for a single friend but it's like one of those impossible dreams that I know I'll never get because of the way I am.

• Yes i absolutely feel like this. Trying to understand why this is for me  i wonder if it is because i need to protect myself from overwhelm. 

As for being myself  i have started lifting my mask and it feels good to do that. X

• I feel very much the same. I want to have social connections, i want to be nice to be people, be a friend and have friends, but whenever i am around literally any group of people my energy drains so fast, i can't make eye contact and i just want silence. It's painful to want something but not like it. 

• Billy87 I can relate. I want to socialize but I just want to be left alone and be in my own world most of the time. I’m more comfortable hanging around those with disabilities than I am with NT’s

• Doesn't mention CBDC tbh, also governments all over the world can do that to people now with regular bank accounts it's nothing new. If you're that worried about it happening here you should write to your local MP and voice your concern.

• Again, it's about cat and mouse. The State will get the upper hand, because we've been trained to be paranoid over money; and spending.

Ultimately, our Goose was cooked during the US Depression. The State sought to take advantage of the Community Spirit of the time, by providing Welfare. Now, we have both immigrants and the underclass milking the system; while the State targets genuine claimants.

The 'Working Class Pride' of the Sixties also made us malleable. The Left launched a Bloodless Coup, to dictate the public narrative. Today's Left claim to be radical, while complying with the Agenda.

• I know!

..And if you look at his profile you get more hippo goodness...

• I find as well people can be overwhelming. Too much time with people can lead to exhaustion and other physical drains. 

(edit) I like your hippo profile picture. I love hippos. Was so tired yesterday I didn't notice it until now lol. 

• Two Russian social hackers (AKA pranksters) have recenlty been catching out the rich and powerful by posing as Zelensky during one of their amusing phonecalls they called Christine Lagarde (IIRC) and she told them that the banks are going to decide on CDBC's on  October the 23rd This year.

I worked for a major financial player in the late eighties and they set the date for elimination of cash at 1999, (It was posted on the internal notice board and in their newsletter.

But it did not happen....

So when the guys DOING the conspiring can't get it right, then please don't be so hard on those who are merely trying to follow and report the conspiracies... ;c)

• Most people mistake money for wealth or power. It is not actually the same.

Money is tokens which are generally accepted but have no intrinsic value whatsoever. The value of money is ENTIRELY in the minds of people. 

Money because it is a token acts as an intermediary between you and your actually wealth and adds layers of complication which many sets of very clever people have set up systems to "Skim" a little bit of YOUR wealth into their pockets.

This means that most of you have incomes of around 10x my 200 quid a month, yet you spend it all on things that you need, simply to live via a myriad of financial transactions all of which have a tiny bit skimmed off for the benefit of someone who would not pee on you if you were on fire..

Worse, each direct debit you have, has an inbuilt penalty that will happen if it does not get paid, so if you suddenly run out of income, your troubles aggregate rapidly, forcing you to focus entirely on making the money dance work again, lest you lose your credit score. 

What is this credit score? It's an indication of how likely you are to service your debts, and bend over backwards to do it. In short, it's an indication of how vulnerable and needy you are, which has been sold to you as an indication of your personal power.

In practice when you first start to get "weaned off money" it's bloody hard. There are SO MANY things you can no longer do, so many things you cannot see etc.And that's AFTER you figure our how to live without paying rent or rates or any of that stuff. It's hard to do. 

The system under which we live is set up that way. And they are making it harder to live outside of it every day. But it's very easy for ONE person in a two person relationship to eschew money, and it's not much harder to live your life in credit IF you can manage to learn to spend what money you have wisely.

Oddly enough, "living within your means" will punish your "credit rating", but it is nice to not be financailly "vulnerable" all the time.