Help seeking diagnosis

Hi,

I think I have ASD and am currently on an NHS pathway for diagnosis.
To date, my AQ-10 and AQ-50 scores are very high (9/10 and 44/50 respectively).  My EQ / CBS score is 19.
I've had my older brother fill in the CAST questionnaire (as my parents are no longer able to) and this comes back with a score of 12.

Has anyone else had experience of current scores giving a high likelihood of ASD, but this not being seen as a child?

Parents
  • I recently went through screening process and opted not to get the “Relatives Questionnaire” completed. Just didn’t feel comfortable getting parents or siblings involved, various reasons. I don’t think this counted against me as I’ve now been put in queue for assessment. Choosing how much to involve relatives at assessment stage will be a different challenge… worry about that when it comes.

Good luck!

• I recently went through screening process and opted not to get the “Relatives Questionnaire” completed. Just didn’t feel comfortable getting parents or siblings involved, various reasons. I don’t think this counted against me as I’ve now been put in queue for assessment. Choosing how much to involve relatives at assessment stage will be a different challenge… worry about that when it comes.

Good luck!

Children
  • I did exactly the same, I enquired with the assessment team and was told it was fine to leave the relatives form blank.I emailed the team a few weeks later and it was confirmed I was on the list. The whole process can be done without relatives being involved.