Help seeking diagnosis

Hi,

I think I have ASD and am currently on an NHS pathway for diagnosis.
To date, my AQ-10 and AQ-50 scores are very high (9/10 and 44/50 respectively).  My EQ / CBS score is 19.
I've had my older brother fill in the CAST questionnaire (as my parents are no longer able to) and this comes back with a score of 12.

Has anyone else had experience of current scores giving a high likelihood of ASD, but this not being seen as a child?

Parents
  • Hi. I tried to get assessed about 10 years ago and it was an abysmal performance from the nhs. 

I have tried again and am on the wait list.  I am late 40s. I did the aq50 a year os so ago and got 47, did it again more recently and got 46.

A few days ago i did the raads-r and got a 223 .. which was a touch alarming .... if i'm not autistic, these tests are rubbish! :-)

I am hoping i get to see someone who has at least some experience with autism, as the last guy was clueless. 

All i can suggest is keep fighting. After being told last time that i wasnt autistic, and with no other diagnosis offered, i  asumed i am simply 'too broken' and gave up on trying to have any social relationships. ... not a good way to live.  Thanks to youtube, you can see the stories of autistic people and thetefore have a great reference to compare yourself to.

• Hi Touay, I'm so sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. You are definitely not 'broken' in any way, just different but I know it's hard to remember (or believe that) sometimes. I'm glad that you're on the waiting list now though! 

Reply Children
No Data