Help seeking diagnosis

Hi,

I think I have ASD and am currently on an NHS pathway for diagnosis.
To date, my AQ-10 and AQ-50 scores are very high (9/10 and 44/50 respectively).  My EQ / CBS score is 19.
I've had my older brother fill in the CAST questionnaire (as my parents are no longer able to) and this comes back with a score of 12.

Has anyone else had experience of current scores giving a high likelihood of ASD, but this not being seen as a child?

Parents
  • Hi,

You are definitely not alone in this!

I only recently realised that it is very very likely I have Autism. I have scored in significant ranges in the tests I have done online but not started the diagnosis pathway yet as I want to get my head straight first for fear of being shunted aside (I've heard negative things about adult women in my area trying to get diagnosed). I'm in my late 20s and this was never considered when I was a child. 

I think the knowledge about autism has greatly increased since I was younger and I've heard that there are a lot of people who were 'missed' who are now realising later in life that they have autism. 

• Hi,

You are definitely not alone in this!

I only recently realised that it is very very likely I have Autism. I have scored in significant ranges in the tests I have done online but not started the diagnosis pathway yet as I want to get my head straight first for fear of being shunted aside (I've heard negative things about adult women in my area trying to get diagnosed). I'm in my late 20s and this was never considered when I was a child. 

I think the knowledge about autism has greatly increased since I was younger and I've heard that there are a lot of people who were 'missed' who are now realising later in life that they have autism. 

Children
No Data