Making friends online

I’ve been reading a few books about autism recently and the authors keep saying about making friends online because you’re more likely to find people you can get on with etc.  Has anyone managed to do this?  Where do you find people? Like I work with animals, so there must be people like me somewhere, rather than people at work that I can’t even seem to understand?

Normally the idea of asking somebody I’m talking to if they want to do something puts my anxiety so high I just can’t say anything.  I haven’t even done anything yet and I’m already stressing.  What if they say no, where will we go, what if it turns out they are actually boring, what if I sit there quietly stressing the whole time and they think I’m weird.  What if they say this… what if they say that…

I hope people can relate to this here!

Parents
  • Had friends who told me private information and sending me gifts/money. 

Also another one who had an email address with her full name and date of birth. Think didn't really understand. 

I never disclosed my full name, address and date of birth. Also exact location and not a real photo. I've seen cloned social media sites and hacked into which isn't nice.

• Had friends who told me private information and sending me gifts/money. 

Also another one who had an email address with her full name and date of birth. Think didn't really understand. 

I never disclosed my full name, address and date of birth. Also exact location and not a real photo. I've seen cloned social media sites and hacked into which isn't nice.

Children
No Data