What happens in an adult autism assessment

Hi am waiting for my assessment and am very nervous. Can anyone tell me the sort of things they were asked so I know what to expect. I am doing it via the NHS, thank you so much :)

Parents
  • Part 1 of mine was about 60 mins talking to a psychologist via zoom - she asked me numerous questions and developed further questions from my answers. Some of her questions were likely informed by the information I'd given my GP beforehand.

Part 2 with a follow-up with a psychiatrist, and he spent about 60 mins via zoom asking me more detailed questions based on the report from the psychologist he'd received, plus supplementary questions as the session developed.

Relatively painless overall, except for some revisiting ASD based trauma I'd faced over many decades.

At the end he confirmed the diagnosis.

• Part 1 of mine was about 60 mins talking to a psychologist via zoom - she asked me numerous questions and developed further questions from my answers. Some of her questions were likely informed by the information I'd given my GP beforehand.

Part 2 with a follow-up with a psychiatrist, and he spent about 60 mins via zoom asking me more detailed questions based on the report from the psychologist he'd received, plus supplementary questions as the session developed.

Relatively painless overall, except for some revisiting ASD based trauma I'd faced over many decades.

At the end he confirmed the diagnosis.

Children
No Data