Non smartphone users of the world unite!

Who else on this forum doesn't own a smartphone? Comment on here if you don't have one. 
I would love to know your reasons why as well

I have been heartened to know that I am not alone in standing against the mind numbing, anxiety machines that rule the modern world!

Parents
  • My bloody smartfone just went off with that stupid government nuclear war warning tone.

My bloody heart nearly stopped, and I have actual pain now. (I'm a bit more knowledgeable about most of you about nuclear war and "posture" having made it a special interest, and they aren't testing this NOW for no reason).  

Since there are no shelters or effective ABM systems to protect us I can only see sadism motivating whoever is rolling this stuff out right now, in such a hurry...

Well that's enough, they've used up their one chance to startle me that way.

Bye bye smartfone. (unless there really IS a viable opt out.)

• theres a option in the options to turn the alerts off. but you have to dig around in the options somewhere.... as it isnt clearly listed, but its in there somehwere.... might be in notification settings... or privacy settings either one of them

• I did not receive the alert.  I took no special measures to avoid it because I bother to be concious of special measures every time I am forced to agree to terms on some form of "communications" platform.  I am one of the people who read T&C's and track how they change and morph over time.  It seems to have become commonplace amongst my peers and generation to simply click on "I Agree" buttons when they appear.  This is blindness and madness.

I would not have been worry about a single deckchair on the Titanic, and I feel this alert thing is best thought of as worrying about whether a single hinge on a single deckchair had received its monthly greasing!

I do get the impression from many people that various forms of profound disquiet haunt the households and cultures that we currently find ourselves in.  It is worrisome Caelus.

• I did not receive the alert.  I took no special measures to avoid it because I bother to be concious of special measures every time I am forced to agree to terms on some form of "communications" platform.  I am one of the people who read T&C's and track how they change and morph over time.  It seems to have become commonplace amongst my peers and generation to simply click on "I Agree" buttons when they appear.  This is blindness and madness.

I would not have been worry about a single deckchair on the Titanic, and I feel this alert thing is best thought of as worrying about whether a single hinge on a single deckchair had received its monthly greasing!

I do get the impression from many people that various forms of profound disquiet haunt the households and cultures that we currently find ourselves in.  It is worrisome Caelus.

Children
No Data