Non smartphone users of the world unite!

Who else on this forum doesn't own a smartphone? Comment on here if you don't have one. 
I would love to know your reasons why as well

I have been heartened to know that I am not alone in standing against the mind numbing, anxiety machines that rule the modern world!

Parents
  • I reallyyyyyyyyy want to get rid of mine! However, my university requires us to use a Bluetooth-location coupled app to check in to every single lecture we attend, and our attendance allows us a priority in project choice - ableist or what?!

I am considering writing a letter to my director of studies about this and explaining why I don't think it is a good idea and why I want to be exempt from it, but I would be so anxious to actually do that.

Would love to hear peoples' thoughts

• I am finding this happening more and more. Society, whether it be education settings or workplaces or the NHS, is forcing us to have these machines to be allowed to take part in society. 

Your university course is a perfect example (BTW Im no legal expert but I think you have a pretty good case for discrimination there)
    My workplace does not allow us to access emails offsite without a smartphone app. When I told the IT department I didn't own one they looked at me like I was some sort of oddball or troublemaker.

Even doctors surgeries are going the way of needing a smartphone to make appointments. Many appts these days are by video call

Its pretty clear where its all headed 

• Even doctors surgeries are going the way of needing a smartphone to make appointments. Many appts these days are by video call

If they make it so it can be done on computer as well I am OK with that and prefer a video appt to a f2f one. But not smart phones! And not forcing people if they don't have a computer either. 

• Even doctors surgeries are going the way of needing a smartphone to make appointments. Many appts these days are by video call

If they make it so it can be done on computer as well I am OK with that and prefer a video appt to a f2f one. But not smart phones! And not forcing people if they don't have a computer either. 

Children
No Data