Non smartphone users of the world unite!

Who else on this forum doesn't own a smartphone? Comment on here if you don't have one. 
I would love to know your reasons why as well

I have been heartened to know that I am not alone in standing against the mind numbing, anxiety machines that rule the modern world!

Parents
  • I reallyyyyyyyyy want to get rid of mine! However, my university requires us to use a Bluetooth-location coupled app to check in to every single lecture we attend, and our attendance allows us a priority in project choice - ableist or what?!

I am considering writing a letter to my director of studies about this and explaining why I don't think it is a good idea and why I want to be exempt from it, but I would be so anxious to actually do that.

Would love to hear peoples' thoughts

• Sounds like you attend Big Brother University! I do think you should write the letter. These days there should be no reason why students shouldn't be allowed to attend lectures virtually or on video. A good, self-motivated student would learn more from reading lecture notes, or even books on the subject, than a student who attended the lectures but was hung over and didn't listen to what was said.

Personally I would also be asking if they were going to pay for the wretched thing! It's bad enough if one already has one, but completely unacceptable to force someone to buy into a system they disapprove of and neither want to be a part of nor to fund!

• Sounds like you attend Big Brother University! I do think you should write the letter. These days there should be no reason why students shouldn't be allowed to attend lectures virtually or on video. A good, self-motivated student would learn more from reading lecture notes, or even books on the subject, than a student who attended the lectures but was hung over and didn't listen to what was said.

Personally I would also be asking if they were going to pay for the wretched thing! It's bad enough if one already has one, but completely unacceptable to force someone to buy into a system they disapprove of and neither want to be a part of nor to fund!

Children