Non smartphone users of the world unite!

Who else on this forum doesn't own a smartphone? Comment on here if you don't have one. 
I would love to know your reasons why as well

I have been heartened to know that I am not alone in standing against the mind numbing, anxiety machines that rule the modern world!

Parents
  • I have never owned a smartphone, but I do have a basic 3G PAYG mobile phone, which I purchased back in 2018, originally intended for emergency use only when my dad became seriously unwell.

For the most part, I see no need to own a smartphone, although I am increasingly starting to feel that I'm being forced to go down that route.

I have a landline phone with a built-in answer machine. As I found out in the past, one gets charged for listening to voicemail messages on a mobile phone, which is something I object to. Also, one of the benefits of using a landline phone is that my son can use it too, without the need for things like facial recognition.

I own a desktop PC, with a decent-sized monitor screen. Why would I want to swap that for a smartphone with a considerably smaller-sized screen? In addition, I don't need to worry about things like mobile phone data packages. 

I own a digital camera, which is another reason why I feel I have no need for a smartphone.

• I love answer machines. My Grampy had one and when he recorded his leave a message he sneezed midway through the message so if phone him and he wasn't in I got to hear that lol. It was always funny and made me smile to myself.

• I had one where I set the message as if I'd answered, but could not hear the caller...

It used to wind my dad up a treat...

I used to have a lot of schadenfreud listing to the inevitable very confused messages people who did not know me would leave..

• I had one where I set the message as if I'd answered, but could not hear the caller...

It used to wind my dad up a treat...

I used to have a lot of schadenfreud listing to the inevitable very confused messages people who did not know me would leave..

Children
No Data