Fictional characters - need to cheer myself up

Had an utterly c**p day, mainly due to work so looking to come up with a fun conversation to take my mind off things

So, if you could be best friends with one fictional character who would it be? And if you could date one fictional character who would it be?
They can be people off TV shows, films, books, comics anything

Mine (at the moment) would be 

Best friend - Hawkeye Pierce from MASH
Dating - Chrissy Plumber (Paula Wilcox) from Man About The House 

Parents
  • Best friend: Sherlock Holmes. I know I would be expected to say the Doctor, but much as I like Doctor Who, I don't think I could bear to be friends with any of them in real life, except perhaps the second and fifth.

Date: I can't remember her name (EDIT: Verity Kindle, according to Wikipedia), but I liked the main female character in Connie Wills' To Say Nothing of the Dog when I read it years ago and my (admittedly wonky) memory of the book is that she's more than a little like my real-world fiancee.

• Best friend: Sherlock Holmes. I know I would be expected to say the Doctor, but much as I like Doctor Who, I don't think I could bear to be friends with any of them in real life, except perhaps the second and fifth.

Date: I can't remember her name (EDIT: Verity Kindle, according to Wikipedia), but I liked the main female character in Connie Wills' To Say Nothing of the Dog when I read it years ago and my (admittedly wonky) memory of the book is that she's more than a little like my real-world fiancee.

Children
    • My eldest son loved Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch, The Imitation Games was filmed partly in our town. My son got to watch the filming and said he had a “man crush”  for Benedict, how nice that he could tell his dad how he was feeling.