Good article: Melanie Sykes

‘Thrown under the bus’: Melanie Sykes says she quit TV after bad treatment by industry | Television | The Guardian

Good article this. 

Also, why I decided to leave the business too: Music. 

I still do music but in my own way in order to avoid such males. Terrible this is still happening. 

Mel is great when she is on radio, I hope she comes back on air soon. 

Parents
  • I'm was in the same industry as Mel, crossed paths a few times... The industry attracts many high functioning autistic people for obvious reasons. However, in retrospect it wasn't the right fit for me either, as I too didn't realise why I had burnout bouts and the rest. It's an unpredictable industry and although it has great perks, mainly the income and travel, it takes its toll on all who enter it.

• I'm was in the same industry as Mel, crossed paths a few times... The industry attracts many high functioning autistic people for obvious reasons. However, in retrospect it wasn't the right fit for me either, as I too didn't realise why I had burnout bouts and the rest. It's an unpredictable industry and although it has great perks, mainly the income and travel, it takes its toll on all who enter it.

Children