Good article: Melanie Sykes

‘Thrown under the bus’: Melanie Sykes says she quit TV after bad treatment by industry | Television | The Guardian

Good article this. 

Also, why I decided to leave the business too: Music. 

I still do music but in my own way in order to avoid such males. Terrible this is still happening. 

Mel is great when she is on radio, I hope she comes back on air soon. 

Parents
  • Same here. I work in TV still, but as a contractor. Most of the industry just treat skilled professionals like cattle. Hire & fire people every 12 months, treat experienced staff like idiots at the whim of the latest management restructure.

Forget being 'different' in that world, you must fall into the culture whatever that is, or you find you are scapegoated.

Ugly business. Isn't all business ugly these days?

• I think most are, but show business, TV, movies, music are the worst. Vile behaviours

• I'm not best pleased with the medical proffession these days. I know just enough about these things to know how bloody incompetent yet full of hubris they are these days. 

We are better off making an effort to stay healthy ourselves, manage our own bodies and behaviours, trade amongst ourselves, and turn the T.V. off and learn now skills constantly, instead of subjecting ourselves to hours and hours of "conditioning" disguised as "entertainment" or worse, "news"..

Everyone I know who does these things, seems better adjusted and less hysterical than the average man. 

• My Gran had no life; outside our old four walls. TV was her true religion.

My brother, and I, had other outlets.

Reply Children
No Data