Good article: Melanie Sykes

‘Thrown under the bus’: Melanie Sykes says she quit TV after bad treatment by industry | Television | The Guardian

Good article this. 

Also, why I decided to leave the business too: Music. 

I still do music but in my own way in order to avoid such males. Terrible this is still happening. 

Mel is great when she is on radio, I hope she comes back on air soon. 

Parents
  • I liked Mel on Radio 2, but Radio 2 have been very discriminatory against their older staff like Steve Wright, and ex presenter Simon Mayo as well as Paul O Grady (sadly he passed away last month), and Craig Charles. I am young and loved their shows, but after the way they started axing and moving presenters about etc, I stopped listening to the shows and was glad to see Ken get a slot else where, and Vanessa Feltz get a job elsewhere too. 

I like Mel's work she is always down to earth and I saw some clips of Des and Mel show which was great. I could not tell that she was struggling with the control room talking in her ear, she was very good and professional, I like the chit chat. 

I wonder if Mel is a member on this page, if so Mel, why not start a youtube of your own? do some presenting on topics that interest you etc and even take the camera down to a cafe you like etc etc and be your own boss. 

Anyway, I hope to read your book when it comes out, I think it is very brave to open up about your life and to educate others on autism.  So thank you. 

• I liked Mel on Radio 2, but Radio 2 have been very discriminatory against their older staff like Steve Wright, and ex presenter Simon Mayo as well as Paul O Grady (sadly he passed away last month), and Craig Charles. I am young and loved their shows, but after the way they started axing and moving presenters about etc, I stopped listening to the shows and was glad to see Ken get a slot else where, and Vanessa Feltz get a job elsewhere too. 

I like Mel's work she is always down to earth and I saw some clips of Des and Mel show which was great. I could not tell that she was struggling with the control room talking in her ear, she was very good and professional, I like the chit chat. 

I wonder if Mel is a member on this page, if so Mel, why not start a youtube of your own? do some presenting on topics that interest you etc and even take the camera down to a cafe you like etc etc and be your own boss. 

Anyway, I hope to read your book when it comes out, I think it is very brave to open up about your life and to educate others on autism.  So thank you. 

Children
No Data