Does anyone else on here like doing study courses?

Anyone else like being a student either in person at a university or at an online university. 

If so what are your fav subjects: 

Mine are all arts based courses. 

Parents
  • I study through Coursera and have been awarded a number of certificates from several universities.  Subjects include Forensic Science, Python programming, Anatomy, Biochemistry of Metabolism, Modern Art, Photography, Biology of Cancer.  These are, of course, online learning.  I find these very helpful

• I really enjoyed learning Python. Did you study it for your job or just for fun?

• Hello Rubix  I did Fortran at Imperial College, part of Life Sciences degree. I did Cobol programming for a job some time ago. I was interested in Python.  I took the Coursera course, run by the University of Michigan.  I liked it, interfacing with XML for the web, with SQL to create databases.  I liked it.  Its like an onion, the more you peel off, the deeper it gets. How about you?

• The younger ones won't know Cobol, so a niche market for the old folks who do.  I was a bit surprised there are legacy systems around.  Those which did not blow up on y2k kept on going.

Reply Children
No Data