Neurodivergent Love Languages

Hello fellow autistic people! In case you didn’t know neurodivergent love languages are a popular and well known aspect of autistic culture on social media. I particularly love info dumping and deep pressure, parallel play. 

The 5 languages are:

1. Info dumping- we do a lot of info dumping here.
  2. Parallel play/Body Doubling - sharing space together whilst doing different activities 
  3. Spoon Sharing/Support Swapping- sharing our energy 
  4. Please Crush My Soul Back Into My Body (deep pressure)
  5. Penguin Pebbling - sharing small gifts or memes with neurodivergent friends/family (usually related to dedicated interests)

I particularly like penguin pebbling with my autistic friend. I like to send them memes related to their dedicated interests.

Which language do you relate to most?

Here is an article that explains the languages in more depth:

https://stimpunks.org/2022/01/22/the-five-neurodivergent-love-languages-2/

I love this aspect of our autistic culture, I hope you find it interesting too!

Parents
  • I think I like to give info-dumping and (from particular people) to receive deep pressure. Interesting how this can overlap with Acts of Service and Physical Touch in the five more 'generic' love languages. Lovely post, thank you. 

• Thanks. I am glad you enjoyed this post what do you like to info dump about? I really like deep pressure too, it is very grounding. Yes it is interesting how these languages overlap as they are all human qualities.

Reply Children
No Data