Annoying Sounds That Drive Me Insane

I spend a lot of time travelling on trains in the course of my work and there are two sounds that drive me nuts, to the extent that I’ll go and find myself another seat if that’s possible and, if it’s not, I’ll just grit my teeth in anguish! 
The first is the sound of people typing on their laptops, the rattling keystroke sounds make me want to scream! Second is the sound of people whispering to one-another. You get this in museums and galleries too. Just speak normally people, there’s no need to whisper, I can hear you anyway.

Obviously, the tick tick sound of IPhone ear buds or Air Pods is also infuriating, but I imagine that’s the case for most people!

Parents
  • Children screaming.  Coffee machines in places like Starbucks.  Ambulances or horns. Loud voices in a bar or restaurant. People chomping food! especially with an open mouth. Any unexpected beep, beep, beep e.g a lady parking her wheelchair at a craft class.  Hand air dryers definitely.  Lovely staff lady at the craft class talked in screech tones in an echoey hall. I had to leave the class for another which was quieter. 

I do make lots of effort to be tolerant though especially people.

As a teenager had a job in a tool factory. Had to leave after three days because of having nightmares in bed at night because of he noise at the factory in the day.

However as a teenager saw Black Sabbath.  I like rock music. Sounds contradictory but it is not.

• Children screaming.  Coffee machines in places like Starbucks.  Ambulances or horns. Loud voices in a bar or restaurant. People chomping food! especially with an open mouth. Any unexpected beep, beep, beep e.g a lady parking her wheelchair at a craft class.  Hand air dryers definitely.  Lovely staff lady at the craft class talked in screech tones in an echoey hall. I had to leave the class for another which was quieter. 

I do make lots of effort to be tolerant though especially people.

As a teenager had a job in a tool factory. Had to leave after three days because of having nightmares in bed at night because of he noise at the factory in the day.

However as a teenager saw Black Sabbath.  I like rock music. Sounds contradictory but it is not.

Children
No Data