Annoying Sounds That Drive Me Insane

I spend a lot of time travelling on trains in the course of my work and there are two sounds that drive me nuts, to the extent that I’ll go and find myself another seat if that’s possible and, if it’s not, I’ll just grit my teeth in anguish! 
The first is the sound of people typing on their laptops, the rattling keystroke sounds make me want to scream! Second is the sound of people whispering to one-another. You get this in museums and galleries too. Just speak normally people, there’s no need to whisper, I can hear you anyway.

Obviously, the tick tick sound of IPhone ear buds or Air Pods is also infuriating, but I imagine that’s the case for most people!

Parents
  • I was just thinking yesterday that if I could ban one thing it's automatic hand dryers. They are horrendously loud, and really un-needed. You can dry your hands at the sink in about twenty seconds by squeezing down from the wrist using one hand upon the other.

Oh, I just realised I'm discriminating against people with one hand. OK, I suppose the driers will just have to stay. Maybe an advertising campaign to say 'you know you can just do this? Save electricity and noise'

• Yes, some of them are like a jet engine going at full blast!

Reply Children
No Data