Dentist gave me an anxiety attack

Ok so I have autisum and anexity disorder. I went for my last check and had a new dentist who made me boom a teeth cleaning after the cleaning he told if I didn’t keep up to date with brushing my teeth he would not help me and my teeth would fall out this made me very anxious all day. And I needed up needing to be claimed down. I have an appointment on Tuesday and feeling very anxious about seeing that dentist again. My last dentist was great he help claim my neves and told me if I improve my my brushing I would have nothing to worry about. Diffent aprounces what should I do

Parents
  • Does your dentist know that you are autistic and anxious.  Do you have sensitivities around brushing?  A lot of us do.  We do our best regardless, but it's hard and if this applies to you, does he know?

Actually that sounds like a really ignorant way to talk to anyone.  I think you may need another dentist.  If the dentist makes you very anxious (the treatment rather than the person, that is) you might ask for a referral to Special Care Dentistry.  No high street dentist could handle me, but Special Care (aka Community care) are generally very good with autistic patients - they get a lot of us and are generally pretty autism informed.

• Does your dentist know that you are autistic and anxious.  Do you have sensitivities around brushing?  A lot of us do.  We do our best regardless, but it's hard and if this applies to you, does he know?

Actually that sounds like a really ignorant way to talk to anyone.  I think you may need another dentist.  If the dentist makes you very anxious (the treatment rather than the person, that is) you might ask for a referral to Special Care Dentistry.  No high street dentist could handle me, but Special Care (aka Community care) are generally very good with autistic patients - they get a lot of us and are generally pretty autism informed.

Children
No Data