Dentist gave me an anxiety attack

Ok so I have autisum and anexity disorder. I went for my last check and had a new dentist who made me boom a teeth cleaning after the cleaning he told if I didn’t keep up to date with brushing my teeth he would not help me and my teeth would fall out this made me very anxious all day. And I needed up needing to be claimed down. I have an appointment on Tuesday and feeling very anxious about seeing that dentist again. My last dentist was great he help claim my neves and told me if I improve my my brushing I would have nothing to worry about. Diffent aprounces what should I do

Parents
  • No dentist should be saying they will not help you, it’s appalling that yours has said that. They have a duty of care and I’m sure can be struck off if they dont adhere to it. So don’t let yourself be stressed out by them saying such things. It’s possible they were using exaggerated humour to finger-wag and we autists are not always brilliant with knowing what is primarily a joke albeit with a serious message attached. But either way, I’m sorry you went through that stress. Hope your next visit is nicer. 

• No dentist should be saying they will not help you, it’s appalling that yours has said that. They have a duty of care and I’m sure can be struck off if they dont adhere to it. So don’t let yourself be stressed out by them saying such things. It’s possible they were using exaggerated humour to finger-wag and we autists are not always brilliant with knowing what is primarily a joke albeit with a serious message attached. But either way, I’m sorry you went through that stress. Hope your next visit is nicer. 

Children
No Data