Assessment wait in Kent

Hi Wave I have been referred for an assessment for ASD (and maybe ADHD as well). When I was referred, a friend told me the wait a couple of years ago was 2 years, but my GP and another friend said it's not that long anymore and should only be about 6 months. I filled in the second round of questionnaires nearly 2 months ago, but I've just seen on the news that the wait in some places for an ADHD diagnosis is 5 years! Does anybody have recent experience and can tell me how long their wait was, please?

Parents
  • One of my colleagues was assessed last summer and only had to wait 6 months. My husband is still waiting to hear something after being supposedly referred again last November as the doctor didn’t actually refer him in November 2021. Did you get any confirmation of your referral from the assessment team? I’m wondering if the GP needs chasing again

• Thanks, I did get confirmation in early October the day my referral and questionnaires were sent off. I then had the big batch of questionnaires sent to me from the assessment place about 2 months ago and have returned those. I guess that's a good sign? Was your colleague assessed in Kent? 

Reply Children