Occupational Health Team

So I have been offered a new job at my local college and on the health form I put that I have autism and now someone from the college's Occupational Health Team is going to call me to ask what reasonable adjustments they can make for my disability

While its really good that they are doing this Im not sure what to say. Whenever people ask me stuff like this about my autism my mind goes completely blank and I cant think what to say or what I need

Any tips would be really helpful 

Parents
  • I also struggle with this [removed by moderator]. It's super extensive and for the USA, however I think it might help you formulate what you are experiencing issues with. Your needs will / might change over time and the college should be open to adjust accordingly, especially if this is a new role. A good place to start is to think about what caused you issues in your old job, and what made you come to realise that you are autistic. 

Ask if you can get some workplace coaching and if the college has other autistic employees you can connect with. A workplace buddy might also be useful. 

If you like podcasts or Youtube, there will be episodes discussing work place adjustments that you could listen to or watch as well. 

Good luck with the new job! 

• I also struggle with this [removed by moderator]. It's super extensive and for the USA, however I think it might help you formulate what you are experiencing issues with. Your needs will / might change over time and the college should be open to adjust accordingly, especially if this is a new role. A good place to start is to think about what caused you issues in your old job, and what made you come to realise that you are autistic. 

Ask if you can get some workplace coaching and if the college has other autistic employees you can connect with. A workplace buddy might also be useful. 

If you like podcasts or Youtube, there will be episodes discussing work place adjustments that you could listen to or watch as well. 

Good luck with the new job! 

Children
No Data