Occupational Health Team

So I have been offered a new job at my local college and on the health form I put that I have autism and now someone from the college's Occupational Health Team is going to call me to ask what reasonable adjustments they can make for my disability

While its really good that they are doing this Im not sure what to say. Whenever people ask me stuff like this about my autism my mind goes completely blank and I cant think what to say or what I need

Any tips would be really helpful 

Parents
  • I think it would really be specific to you but I think of  mainly sensory issues, if they can’t reduce lighting or noise impact then allowing you to wear earplugs/glasses etc. separate lunch arrangements if you can’t stand the smell of food, a safe place to go if you’re feeling overwhelmed. Meeting in the middle with uniform if you have clothing sensory issues. If you have issues with change then giving as much notice of schedule changes as possible where reasonable and to change what you’re doing as an absolute last resort (if at all) if someone calls in sick. Letting them know if you need speaking to directly and can’t read between the lines or understand sarcasm etc. 

• I think it would really be specific to you but I think of  mainly sensory issues, if they can’t reduce lighting or noise impact then allowing you to wear earplugs/glasses etc. separate lunch arrangements if you can’t stand the smell of food, a safe place to go if you’re feeling overwhelmed. Meeting in the middle with uniform if you have clothing sensory issues. If you have issues with change then giving as much notice of schedule changes as possible where reasonable and to change what you’re doing as an absolute last resort (if at all) if someone calls in sick. Letting them know if you need speaking to directly and can’t read between the lines or understand sarcasm etc. 

Children
No Data