Occupational Health Team

So I have been offered a new job at my local college and on the health form I put that I have autism and now someone from the college's Occupational Health Team is going to call me to ask what reasonable adjustments they can make for my disability

While its really good that they are doing this Im not sure what to say. Whenever people ask me stuff like this about my autism my mind goes completely blank and I cant think what to say or what I need

Any tips would be really helpful 

Parents
  • Hi

Other people here will have more experience than me in this but when talking through this with my work, the sorts of things they offered were:

• 2 monitors to help with admin
    • protected admin time
    • extra time for study/ learning
    • allocated workstation in quiet area
    • adaptations to lights (desk light, no lights above workstation)
    • having micro breaks to help with fatigue
    • recording team meetings
    • livescribe pen
    • noise cancelling headphones or loops
    • consideration of environment when communicating (if noisy or crowded) to help with processing information
    • avoiding sarcasm, rhetorical questions etc or explaining them and generally being clear with what is required  

This all depends on what sort of job you will be doing. Mine is mostly office based  

There is also a government scheme called ‘access to work’ which I can provide grants and support if employees don’t.

• Hi

Other people here will have more experience than me in this but when talking through this with my work, the sorts of things they offered were:

• 2 monitors to help with admin
    • protected admin time
    • extra time for study/ learning
    • allocated workstation in quiet area
    • adaptations to lights (desk light, no lights above workstation)
    • having micro breaks to help with fatigue
    • recording team meetings
    • livescribe pen
    • noise cancelling headphones or loops
    • consideration of environment when communicating (if noisy or crowded) to help with processing information
    • avoiding sarcasm, rhetorical questions etc or explaining them and generally being clear with what is required  

This all depends on what sort of job you will be doing. Mine is mostly office based  

There is also a government scheme called ‘access to work’ which I can provide grants and support if employees don’t.

Children
No Data