40+ No driving license, passport, bank account, etc...

I'm so embarrassed to apply for these things and that's why I keep putting it off. Embarrassed and ashamed because of my age and been judged. Because I don't have any forms of ID, it makes it hard to acquire ID. You can't open a bank account without a passport or a driving license and vice versa. I was told the only way forward is to apply for a passport, but I would have to attend immigration to determine my identity and it would be an hour interrogation. I tried to open a bank with my government benefit documents and birth certificate but that failed, so my only option was to open a bank account for people in debt that requires a monthly fee. However these types of banks cant be used as ID because anyone can apply for them. Been interrogated by immigration and all the personal questions they would ask, fills me with dread.

Parents
  • Hi mate. Sorry you're feeling down about this.

Getting a provisional license is a good idea. That's a good way of getting photo ID and being able to open a bank account. But only do it if you really want to. Don't pressure yourself in to it as that will increase your anxiety dramatically. 

I got a provisional last year. It was stress free and has allowed me to open my own bank account now. So when you feel ready this is a good way forward to getting photo ID. Good luck mate.

• Hi mate. Sorry you're feeling down about this.

Getting a provisional license is a good idea. That's a good way of getting photo ID and being able to open a bank account. But only do it if you really want to. Don't pressure yourself in to it as that will increase your anxiety dramatically. 

I got a provisional last year. It was stress free and has allowed me to open my own bank account now. So when you feel ready this is a good way forward to getting photo ID. Good luck mate.

Children
No Data