The things that have helped you most?

Given experience often helps, and there are often newly diagnosed members joining the forum, I thought if we shared the things that help us most in bullet points it would be an easy read reference for everyone?

For me, has been:

- Meeting only small groups if I plan to meet people

- Meditation & Breath work (helped anxiety & digestion)

- Symprove Probiotics (helped anxiety & digestion)

- Walking in nature (elevates mood)

- Watching childhood movies (calming)

Parents
  • This helps me.

• Walking (being surrounded by nature and the country.)
    • Music.
    • Art.
    • Movies (light-hearted).
    • Talking to my therapist.
  • Light hearted, I like that.

I was recently thinking, TV is made for the NT world. Imagine if there was a ND channel, how different it might be.

Personally I would tone down the amount of fast moving, scene changing content there was, I find it just builds into a big wall of noise and distraction.

• I like the idea of toning down the noise on TV. I like to watch nature films if the background music is not loud. The adverts in between are the things that spoil relaxation as they are louder. Even BBC now has programme adverts.

• That sounds lovely. We often watched the Serengeti programmes on recently at teatime. It was one of those things I looked forward to.

• I really like going on You Tube if you have You Tube on your Tv and just search up "4K animals" or "4K serengetti" and its just endless hours of african animals wandering around with calming music in the background. Really helps me and my son who is also autistic 

• I really like going on You Tube if you have You Tube on your Tv and just search up "4K animals" or "4K serengetti" and its just endless hours of african animals wandering around with calming music in the background. Really helps me and my son who is also autistic 

Children