Bullies from the past.

Just interested if anyone else has met a person in adult life who bullied them at school.

My father ran a small coach business, the yard had an office and occasionally people would book a coach in person. One day I was on my own in the yard, I would have been about 35 then. One of the school bullies turned up to book a coach. He was one of the worst ones, anyway he greeted me like an old friend, it shocked me and I was like a rabbit in the headlights. He really was after ‘mates rates’,  I really didn’t know how to deal with him, had he forgotten or thought it was just a bit of fun, I couldn’t work it out, I started to wonder, did the years of abuse actually happen? But  they are too vivid, they did happen. Another thought was, he’s pushing me for a cheap price, is he trying to bully me again. I so wanted to ask him why he did it but couldn’t. My father luckily came back to the yard and dealt with his enquiry. 
Has anything similar happened to anyone else?

Parents
  • i met a few.... its funny they are physically less attractive than me now and look weaker... they have all lost any physicality or muscle tone while i am more youthful and muscly than them now... it took me a year of work to surpass their achievements of 16 or so years of work... i guess i have the last laugh.

theres one particular nasty one who always dealt drugs, he got arrested for stabbing someone and got out in a year despite the horrific injuries he caused this other guy. i saw him a year back and he looks like a mong, he saw me and crossed the road hoping i didnt recognise him as he looks a disgrace and if i looked in the mirror and saw that id wear a bag over my head lol anyway hes in jail again now for dealing drugs.

the people that bullied me all prove themselves to be wrong, and the trash of society.

• I can understand you wanting to use strong language about those guys but there’s one word in there that’s generally seem these days as a derogatory term for Down Syndrome and I appreciate you may not know this (it’s a word that has had other more ‘nerdy’/anoracky nuances too so maybe that’s more what was in your head?) so it’s just to ask that you maybe consider jettisoning that one from the old vocabulary bank.

I wish I could say the same. In relation to your general point. My sort-of bully was and remains much better looking than me - but then so does just about anyone!- though he did have the kind of smug face that betrayed his narcissism and I’d rather have my Halloween mask features than his entitled sneer any day. 

• I can understand you wanting to use strong language about those guys but there’s one word in there that’s generally seem these days as a derogatory term for Down Syndrome and I appreciate you may not know this (it’s a word that has had other more ‘nerdy’/anoracky nuances too so maybe that’s more what was in your head?) so it’s just to ask that you maybe consider jettisoning that one from the old vocabulary bank.

I wish I could say the same. In relation to your general point. My sort-of bully was and remains much better looking than me - but then so does just about anyone!- though he did have the kind of smug face that betrayed his narcissism and I’d rather have my Halloween mask features than his entitled sneer any day. 

Children
No Data