Managing autism on daily basis - strategies

Since my later in life diagnosis of autism I’ve heard a lot of people telling me that the only way to manage my autism on a daily basis requires my being subject to ultra strict discipline in every area of my life by those deemed best qualified to do so - such people believe that such “tough love” is needed in order to be “cruel to be kind” and is deemed to be “for my own good” because it is deemed that I “do not understand that I am always wrong by default” and “must not attempt to form (nor especially express) any views nor opinions on any issues” because I’m “coming from the space of and looking through the prism of dysfunction” can only be rectified through changing to the “positive” mindset of total obedience without question to the opinions of others (who are, in thier views, always deemed to be “right” on every issue) - I’m wondering what people think of this, as people constantly tell me that I need to be constantly “kept firmly in check” “put and kept firmly in my place” and “knocked back a peg or ten” 

Parents
  • My initial response to this is just "No".  "Wind your neck in" is another thing people say.  The world would be very boring if we all thought the same and I never get why, if people are so confident in their views or decisions, why someone scrutinising or challenging it is painted as difficult or the villain.  I'm trying to distance myself from some of the people in my life who think that way as for me they're toxic.

• I get “wind your neck in” “cut it out” “grow up” and many similar things all the time from people who simply refuse to understand and who insist that I need ultra strict Millitary style discipline and either a live in carer (priest or nun) or long term residential placement to manage my condition and who regard everything I say and do as nonsense because it comes from me, as I’m deemed to not understand that I’m wrong by default in every situation until an expert steps in and tells them otherwise - funny how they don’t get to enforce thier opinions as I’ve said to some of them to do so, as much of this I’ve had in the supermarkets and elsewhere long before my diagnosis in 2021, but since my diagnosis, some of them have doubled down and seen my diagnosis as a green light to step up such behaviour and they also twist religious teachings and anything else to justify thier behaviour 

• I get “wind your neck in” “cut it out” “grow up” and many similar things all the time from people who simply refuse to understand and who insist that I need ultra strict Millitary style discipline and either a live in carer (priest or nun) or long term residential placement to manage my condition and who regard everything I say and do as nonsense because it comes from me, as I’m deemed to not understand that I’m wrong by default in every situation until an expert steps in and tells them otherwise - funny how they don’t get to enforce thier opinions as I’ve said to some of them to do so, as much of this I’ve had in the supermarkets and elsewhere long before my diagnosis in 2021, but since my diagnosis, some of them have doubled down and seen my diagnosis as a green light to step up such behaviour and they also twist religious teachings and anything else to justify thier behaviour 

Children
No Data